Welcome to the website for the joint Democratic Committee of Weare and Deering New Hampshire.
MEETING 2/16 POSTPONED DUE TO BAD WEATHER AND PEOPLE BEING UNABLE TO ATTEND. TENTATIVELY RESCHEDULED FOR TUES 2/23/2016.
Thanks to everyone who stopped to talk with us at the Weare polls during the primary. A special thanks to those who gave us donations!
Please consider coming to our meeting on the 16th, where we will be planning events.
Please consider a donation or setting up automatic periodic donations. The link to ActBlue is on the Donate page.
Upcoming Meetings and Events:
Our next regular meeting of the Weare/Deering Democratic Committee will be held on Tuesday February 23, 2016 at 6:30 pm at the Holy Cross Church located at 118 Center Road, Weare NH. All registered Democrats in both towns are members of the Democratic Committee. Undeclared voters who support Democratic Candidates are also welcome.
The Importance of the Local Democratic Committee
- Local Democratic Committees play a vital role in the New Hampshire Democratic Party, as will as the national Democratic Party.
- They are the entities of the overall party most closely aligned with the grassroots.
- It has been determined that towns with a strong active local Democratic Committee have the best election results for Democratic candidates.
- It is important for a significant number of local Democrats to participate in their local committee. This can be done in parallel with their involvement with the various individual campaigns.
- A local committee can provide opportunities for local democrats to meet candidates for higher state-level offices and determine if they want to individually support their campaigns.
- The local committee has the leading role in recruiting candidates for the NH House, and supporting the campaigns of those running.
- The local committee can help raise funding for candidates to the NH Legislature.
- A local committee can hold social events, to provide grassroots Democrats an opportunity to discuss political issues and be around people with beliefs similar to their own.
- The local committee elects the officers and delegates to the NH State Democratic Conventions.
- A local committee can provide multi-candidate visibility at the polling place, and manage signs throughout town.
- If you want to support Democrats in general, then the local committee can be the best place to start.
PLEASE CONSIDER BECOMING INVOLVED WITH THE WEARE / DEERING DEMOCRATIC COMMITTEE. GET ON OUR E-MAIL LIST TO BE INFORMED OF UPCOMING MEETINGS AND EVENTS.
Link to E-Mail form: E-Mail Us
The towns of Deering NH and Weare NH will informally operate a joint Democratic Committee. Both towns are in N.H. House Districts 2 and 39, as well as the same N.H. Senate and Executive Council districts. There will be one treasury, but donations may be restricted to use in one town.
N.H. House Floterial District 39 also includes Goffstown. For information about the Goffstown Democrats visit: www.goffstowndems.org